Mayfair Bakery in Philadelphia Logo

6447 Frankford Ave / Philadelphia, PA 19135/ 215-624-7878

Baker to Baker

Just some notes and links that other bakers may find helpful.

International Bakers Services
Flavors: Huge variety of top notch flavors. Great customer service, fast shipping. "INTERNATIONAL BAKERS SERVICES offers an extensive line of flavors and flavor blends that have been trusted by baking professionals for decades. These flavors require a minimum order of only 10 pounds of dry flavor or 1 gallon of liquid flavor. Most flavors are available in both dry and liquid forms."

pfeil and holing

Decorating Supplies: There are dozens of suppliers online for bakers but we've favor Pfeil & Holding at www.cakedeco.com They carry most major suppliers without unreasonable markups so you can get something from everyone all shipped at once. They have free shipping over a certain amount. Shipping is FAST. We've ordered on a Monday morning and the box shows up Tuesday afternoon (East Coast).

avalon deco supplies

Avalon Deco Supplies: Happy with everything we've purchased from them. Gum paste flowers are packed well and look nicer than the pictures. One bride loved the Rubrum Lilies ordered for her cake. FOR BAKERS ONLY.
"Avalon Deco Supplies, Inc. has been a supplier of Wholesale Cake Decorations to the trade for over 15 years. We are a family-run business which stresses courteous and punctual service to all of our business customers. Please be aware that we do not sell to the public." - avalondeco.com

nutracoster

Costing Program: If you want to cost out your formulas and/or be able to print out nutritional labels check out nutraCoster at Sweetware.com I started using this in 1994 and highly recommend it. Good documentation on the website. Owner provides phone support if needed but read the instructions first! Has a support group and 99% of the answers refer to easy documentation and the other 1% is "call us when you're at your computer."


Website Hosting - We changed hosts from lunarpages to SiteGround after LP's customer service deteriorated to unacceptable levels.


Sheeter Belts: If you have a Rollfix brand sheeter and need new belts or parts Fritsch-USA is where you need to go. We were the first bakery in Philly to purchase a rollfix dough sheeter many years ago. When we replaced it they sent somebody to pack up the old machine and take it back to their museum in Germany. Their office in the USA is at,
Fritsch USA, Inc.
216 Little Falls Road, Unit #4
Cedar Grove, New Jersey 07009
Phone - 973-857-7272
Note: there is a company unrelated to Rollfix in PA that supposedly makes sheeter belts. No, they don't work.

Quickbooks - Note that if you want to use QuickBooks for payroll tied to your desktop version of the software you are forced to upgrade software every three years. I had no complaints with their service when I used to use them other than they don't file local city taxes. It's highly recommended to look local first for a payroll service. Their desktop software is not for the beginner. I enjoy reading. To use QuickBooks effectively and solve issues you better like reading too. Lots and lots of figuring out why something doesn't work. Bugs in the software go unresolved for months. Updates always have new bugs, some get fixed, some don't.