· Regular White Icing aka “ButterCream” – Our standard white soft icing used for nearly all birthday, special occasion, and wedding cakes. Stable over a wide temperature range. When customers ask for “butter cream” icing they almost always mean this type.
· Whipped Vanilla “BetterCreme” – Is a light whipped white icing. Stored under refrigeration with a lower melting point than regular white buttercream icing. Used inside vanilla layer cakes and can be ordered as the outside icing on any cake at an extra cost. Finished cakes can be left at room temperature. Hot conditions should be avoided.
· Whipped Chocolate “BetterCreme” – Is a light whipped chocolate icing. Stored under refrigeration, has a lower melting point than regular buttercream white icing. Used inside chocolate layer cakes and can be ordered as the outside icing on any cake at an extra cost. Finished cakes can be left at room temperature. Hot conditions should be avoided.
· Chocolate Fudge Icing – Dark creamy chocolate. Spreads on smooth and dries to the touch after several hours. Does not set well under hot and humid conditions. Not available on large cakes in summer.
· Whipped Cream Icing – Made from scratch with heavy whipping cream, no additives.
· Cream Cheese Icing – Smooth classic cream cheese icing. Refrigeration is recommended.
If you are looking for a whipped cream style icing on a cake that won't be refrigerated (strawberry shortcake, fruit filled tortes, etc.) then order "Whipped Vanilla Bettercreme" icing. This has a comparable melting point to whipped cream but is stable at normal room temperature. If you are displaying a cake at a party for a few hours that normally should be left in the fridge this works best.
Rolled Fondant - We do not offer "rolled fondant" on cakes. As an alternative, you can have the top edges of soft buttercream cakes smoothed over to give the rolled look. When you stop in to order a cake ask to see pictures of this effect. While the decorations on rolled fondant can be beautiful the taste is less than satisfactory and it dries rock hard in a few days.